Monday, March 9, 2009

Magnets

Rivaling my t-shirt and mug "collections" (read: things I obsessively buy) is my collection of magnets. I don't know exactly why or when I started purchasing magnets, but by looking at my fridge one thing is absolutely clear...

IMG_9211

...I buy magnets.

Magnets are great because they serve a purpose (holding stuff up) while being pretty or fun to look at. I created a little mosaic of some of my favourites:

Magnet Mosaic

Coronation Street makes a frequent appearance on our fridge. As do lots of Matthew Porter monkeys. And a little bat that I picked up at Studio Ghibli when we were in Japan. There's the set of 2x4 "I Like You/I Don't Like You" magnets that I got at SFMoMA a few years ago. And who could pass up a classic Britney Spears magnet, particularly when you have a Weiner Queen postcard that needs displaying?

I've also go this sure-to-be-classic piece of Canadiana:

IMG_9224

A CBC Vancouver "Canada Now" magnet courtesy of my Uncle Wayne. Hooray for magnets!

No comments: